AIKON – decentralized API rights protocol and marketplace
- First API (Application Programming Interface) Marketplace on blockchain,
- Conventional API market worth $2,2 Trilion,
- Almost all conventional code transferred to blockchain needs to be rewritten because of new programming languages like Solidity on Ethereum or Rholang on Rchain,
- Owning ORE you are actually owning the programming CODE.
AIKON (pronounced “icon”) is creating a global economic operating system on the blockchain that dramatically reduces market friction for APIs, a virtual “start-up in a box” enabling software developers anywhere in the world to monetize their work without setting up a company, talking to lawyers, or even opening a bank account.
If you allready dont know, Application Programming Interface, or API, is a tool set that programmers can use in helping them create software. A good API will have clear and concise commands that a programmer can use (and reuse), so they don’t have to build everything over again.
Even Windows has a huge set of APIs that you can use in order to work with the user interface: There’s no need to completely rebuild forms, commands, or even scroll bars. All of these actions are accessible within various APIs, and can be brought into your program. This also ensures a consistent look and feel among applications, but still allows for unique functionality.
You can find APIs for both standard desktop computers and mobile devices. With the explosion in mobile device usage, the number of mobile-ready APIs has grown exponentially. Many may seem basic, but are huge for developers who need to quickly develop apps. An example is the Apple (iOS) API that is used to detect touchscreen interactions.
APIs are tools. They allow you as a programmer to deliver solid solutions fairly rapidly. If you have to rebuild everything from scratch every time, your solutions will be cumbersome. And they probably won’t work! If there’s an API for your particular need, USE IT!
Right now, the world of blockchain and cryptocurrency is moving at lightning speed with first-movers racing to create decentralized versions of entire industries and economies. The thing is-every single one of them are going to require APIs to be successful. In fact, try finding any software company that doesn’t use APIs.
This begs the question: how do we build a decentralized world without needing to rebuild the entire world of software from scratch in order to do so? In short: AIKON’s ORE Protocol makes it so the world doesn’t have to.
Our focus is two-fold: enable traditional APIs to work in the decentralized economy, and provide a decentralized API marketplace where anyone can access decentralized services in an incentive-based ecosystem that aligns with the fair and open developer community ethos. Have an API that you want transformed to work in the decentralized ecosystem? Or maybe just some code in your back pocket that you’d like monetized? AIKON has got you covered with dServices.
A dService is any service that works in a decentralized system, either transformed using the ORE protocol or built using blockchain from the beginning. dServices are the building blocks of the decentralized economy.
Short video presentation:
- buying and selling any conceivable on- and off chain API’s
- unification of on- and off-chain API’s
- development of Apps and dApps
Crowdsale & Token Metrics:
- Max Cap: N/A
- Supply: N/A
- Token Price: N/A
- ICO date & whitelist : TBA soon; will be released on https://tokenfoundry.com/projects/aikon
- Ťoken name: dual coin scheme — ORE (ERC20 staking, fee, volatile) & CPU (ERC20 payment, low volatility)
- consensus: Proof of Function (staking)
- 13 members displayed on website
- Mas Sakamoto, Bay Angels, https://www.linkedin.com/in/msakamoto/%20MAS
- Max Robbins, Managing Director Europe, Blockchain Industries, Inc.https://www.linkedin.com/in/maxrobbins/
- Connie Wong, Creative Advisor, Lead Product Designer, Kraken Digital Asset Exchange https://www.linkedin.com/in/iconic/%20Connie
- 9 members displayed on website
ICO & review platformes scores:
Not reviewed at the moment of publish
Website, Whitepaper & Social media:
We believe this is a project with high potential. The pure fact that by controlling ORE token you are actually controlling the right to access the CODE that will build the internet on blockchain is by itself intriguing and mind boggling. The project is first of its kind on the blockchain and the team is solid, with a lot of experience in the field of API. The only downside is a lot of unknown factors like token economics, the amount of money the project is aiming for and the alocation. That aside, this project has a good shot to make a difference on global scale. Our Rate with current available info: 9/10-very hyped.